Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Another Brick in the Novel Wall

I wanted to say something awe-inspiring the other day, but I was consumed with medication and mind fog from the double plague. Hence, I ditched any attempt at explaining myself so I could produce substantial thought later.

Writing.

Currently, I have a couple of projects in utero. They're top secret, although I will tell you that neither of them is a human baby. However, because I'm working on two things at the same time, and they're lengthy, mind you, I keep running into walls of segueing my outlined ideas into stories. I want to keep both projects separate in their paths and goals. In case I were ever to go the extra mile of publishing them, interviewers could compare and contrast my works without glomping them into one big long story. Or I could do it alone with my single copy that I paid for and bought :-P). Dissecting my own work can be fun in an educating, masochistic, time machine manner.

Now that I'm coming back out of the pain and torture that is winter sinus infection time, I'm focusing in on being creative.


I'm watching my favorite shows with commentary, but I've found that the BEST shows are the ones that talk about the process of writing while continuing to be witty onscreen. I understand why and how commentary becomes dull and lax, but I wish that weren't the case.

Goals for writing

Watch favorite films/tv show, and use the commentary if necessary for tools
Read (I have problems with this due to my short attention span--it's not ADD, I just...don't enjoy reading due to my finicky feelings on how novels SHOULD be)
Think character based
Take stock of writing tips/prompts

No comments:

Post a Comment